Coupons are a great way to offer discounts and rewards to your customers and can help promote sales across your virtual gym.
Limited coupons are coupons that will apply a discount for a limited number of payments. For example, if you want only the first three months of a monthly subscription to be discounted, you could use this feature to create a coupon that applies to three payments.
To setup limited coupons within WOFH follow these steps:
- Go to: Payments > Coupons
2. Click on Add coupon
3. Enter or generate a Coupon Code.
**Note: this is the code you'll give to your clients to apply the coupon**
Must be unique as it’s used as an identifier. If you create your own code, use any alphanumeric code you wish, eg. FreeEntry. Try not to insert spaces.
If you want WOFH to create one, click on 'Generate Coupon Code' button
3. Enter a Description (optional) — Info about the coupon for internal use. For example: Name of promotion/event, dates in effect, compensation, ticket number, customer name.
4. Select the options for your coupons
Percentage discount on a single lesson, workshop or package
It allows you to set a percentage discount if someone buys a single lesson, a workshop or a package. Cannot be used for subscriptions.
Fixed discount on a single lesson, workshop or package
Allows you to discount single lessons, workshops or packages for a selected amount. Cannot be used for subscriptions.
Discount of a fixed amount on the registration fee
Allows you to set a discount on the registration fees if set in the subscription with a specific amount.
Percentage discount on the registration fee
Allows you to discount the registration fee if set in the subscription by a percentage.
Fixed amount discount on subscriptions
It allows you to set a discount for the cost of the subscription by a specific amount.
Percentage discount on subscriptions
It allows you to set a discount for the cost of the subscription by a percentage.
When you choose "Fixed amount Discount for Subscriptions" or "Percentage Discount on subscriptions" as the discount type, an additional field called "Active for x payments" will appear.
In order to have a coupon which applies for all recurring payments, leave this field blank. In order to limit the number of payments a coupon is active for fill in this field with a number.
For example, to create a coupon that applies to three payments of a subscription product, enter “3” into the “Active for x payments” field.
This coupon, when used on a subscription product, will then apply to the initial payment and the two following renewals.
In Coupon amount enter the value of the coupon in your site's currency – Fixed value or percentage, depending on discount type you choose. Entered without a currency unit or a percent sign, which are added automatically, e.g., Enter ’10’ for $10 or 10%.
Percentage discount is applied with the option 'Percentage Discount on subscriptions'– A percentage discount for selected memberships only. For example, you can give 50% off for the first month. In this case in Coupon Amount you will need to enter the % value.
- Coupon expiry date – Date the coupon should expire and can no longer be used. Expiry happens at 12:00 am or 00:00 on the date chosen. If you want a coupon to be valid through Christmas Day but invalid the moment Christmas is over, set the expiration date to YYYY-12-26 as it will expire on YYYY-12-26 00:00. It uses your site’s time zone setting at Settings > General > Timezone.
Under Usage Restriction you can set:
- Products – Products that the coupon will be applied to, or that need to be in the cart in order for the fixed or percentage discount to be applied.
- Allowed Emails– Email address or addresses that can use a coupon. Verified against customer’s billing email.
Leaving “Products”blank allows the coupon to be applied to the entire store.
Under Usage Limits you can set:
- Usage limit per coupon – How many times a coupon can be used by all customers before being invalid.
- Limit usage to X items – How many items the coupon can be applied to before being invalid. This field is only displayed if there is one or more products that the coupon can be used with, and is configured under the Usage Restrictions.
- Usage limit per user – How many times a coupon can be used by each customer before being invalid for that customer.
Once you’ve configured all settings, select Publish and your coupon is ready to use.
Sending a coupon
Once coupons are published, go ahead and make it available to customers: Copy the title and send, advertise it via email, social media and onsite banners.
How your clients will apply a coupon:
- You will need to give the coupon name to your clients. Eg, 50%off
- Your clients will apply the coupon before the checkout, clicking on
Have a coupon? Click here to enter your code
3. They will need to enter the coupon name you gave them and click on
4. If applied correctly, your client will see the discount applied on the Subtotal
5. and procede with the payment
Apply a coupon to a single lesson
Applying a coupon to a single lesson is slightly different but equally simple:
1. Go to Payments> Coupons and add a coupon, e.g. SingleClass
2. Enter either Percentage Discount on Single class, Workshop or Package or Fixed amount discount on Single Class, Workshop or Packages.
3. Under Usage Restrictions, enter the single product to which the discount will apply, eg. Yoga with Elisa, Single Access.
4. To apply the discount on a single lesson, the customer must click on the day of the lesson, for example 08 DEC.
5. Click on BUY ACCESS TO THIS LESSON
6. Enter the code at the time of purchase.
Which will subtract the value we have given, in this case the total value of the single lesson.
7. If I try to buy the complete subscription using that code the system will give me an error as seen below, since the coupon code created is not valid for subscriptions but only for a single lesson.